Friday, August 28, 2009

One week down

The first week of school is now over. I think it went quite well. We start our day at 6am this year! The bus comes pretty early. Ben is learning about insects, has already had math homework, and took a spelling test this week. Delaney is learning how her classroom operates, is bringing home books from the library, and practicing writing some letters in class. Every day when the bus drops the kids off, most of them wind up at my house. There are two other kids in the same grade as Laney, both boys. One she plays with just about every day. Yesterday they were out playing and Laney came in crying and upset. I asked what was wrong and this was the answer I got... "Colter broke up with me"!! Then she started sobbing. I asked if he said he didn't want to play with her she said yes. I just thought it was so funny that just because he wanted to do "boy" stuff, she said he broke up with her! Isn't it too early for her to say things like that???

0 comments: